Articles - Great information on candles, essential oils, aromatherapy, and more.
Guest Book - Leave your testimonials for us and other customers, it's fun!
Event Calendar- See when we will be attending events and where!
Candle Safety - Ok, so you may be thinking candles are about as dangerous as your neighbor's cute little kitten. Think again! Candles, whether soy or any other type of wax can be dangerous if not properly used! We've outlined some important guidelines that we recommend when burning candles.
- 1 Place on a protected heat-resistant dry surface away from anything that can catch fire and out of reach of children and pets.
- 2 Keep wick trimmed to 1/8" to 1/4" at all times.
- 3 If smoking occurs, extinguish candle. Trim wick, remove trimmings and re-light.
- 4 Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any other combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- 5 Avoid burning candles in drafty areas.
- 6 Never leave a burning candle unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- 7 Keep all matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- 8 Teach everyone in the family the rules of candle safety.
- 9 Handle with care; glass containers are hot and can be fragile while heated, tins get VERY hot and should not be touched. Do not use if glass jar is cracked or chipped. Do not refill with wax to re-use.
- 10 Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar or tin. The container may become very hot, handle carefully.
- 11 Burn until the melt pool (area of melted wax) reaches the edge of the container for the most even burn.
- 12 Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time as container may become too hot.
- 13 Discontinue use when 1/2" wax remains in container - it is not safe to let any type of wax melt completely down, heat from flame could break glass!
- 14 Extinguish flame before replacing lid.
- 15 Extinguish flame with a wick extinguisher; blowing out flame can cause smoking.
Soy Melt Safety - Here are some safety guideline for our soy melts.
- 1 We recommend using two cubes at a time in our warmers (plug-ins need 1 cube); this is equal to about 1 ounce of wax.
- 2 Place soy melts in a well ventilated candlelit or electric potpourri or tart burner with a minimum 2 1/2" top opening. Do NOT cover or add water.
- 3 To remove wax, let cool and harden. Gently tap the sides of the burner/warmer and in most cases the wax will pop out. You might try placing the bowl; if it is a two piece, in the freezer for a few minutes. This will loosen the harden wax so you can easily pop it out. Discard the melted wax or store in a plastic bag for re-use.
- 4 For electrical burners, we recommend using only one that is UL listed for safety assurance.
Care for Your Soy Candle - We include a "Care for Your Soy Candle" card with each purchase.
- 1 Review the "Warning" sticker on the bottom of the soy candle container for more information.
- 2 Trim wick to 1/8" to 1/4" for best performance.
- 3 Burn 1 hour for each inch in diameter or until the "melt pool" (area of melted wax) reaches edge of the container for most even burn. Container if VERY hot! Place on a heat resistant surface and handle with care.
- 4 Discontinue use when 1/2" wax remains in container - it is not safe to let any type of wax melt completely down, heat from flame could break glass.
- 5 Extinguish flame with a wick extinguisher; blowing out the flame can cause smoking.
- 6 Mushrooms - little black balls build up around the wick. This may occur if the wick is too long. Simply leave or extinguish flame and trim wick to about 1/8" to 1/4". Some mushrooming is normal and doesn't need attending; however, we recommend removing all mushrooms before each burning session.
- 7 The dyes used in soy wax easily fade in sunlight or artificial light when placed directly in it. To avoid fading, keep in a dark place or out of direct light until ready to use then place in a semi-lit area. Fading; however, does not affect the candle's performance.
- 8 Soy wax is a cooler burning wax; therefore, when placed in temperatures above 70 degrees it may start to "sweat" (form beads of liquid on surface) or melt. To avoid this do not leave in your vehicle on hot days. Place in a cool dark place for storage. If your candle has sweat or melted, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes until it sets back up taking care to center the wick if needed.